cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hard reference to heavy resource library does not work as suggested

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I've followed the directions of Goran Stoiljkovski in his explanation of how to use "heavy resources" to create a static library. Using telnet, I can see that my library was in fact loaded as a heavy resource. Here's the output:

>ll | grep ionline

[sap.com/ionline_library]

[sap.com/ionline_library-library-loader] <--- This is the proof

and here is the snippet in application-j2ee-engine.xml of my application referring to the library.

<application-j2ee-engine xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="application-j2ee-engine.xsd">
	<reference reference-type="hard">
	<reference-target provider-name="com.sap"
		target-type="application">ionline_library</reference-target>
	</reference>
	<provider-name>com.sap</provider-name>
	<fail-over-enable mode="disable" xsi:type="fail-over-enableType_disable"/>
	<start-up mode="always"/>
</application-j2ee-engine>

In spite of all this, I get the following error when trying to deploy my application:

snip

[ERROR CODE DPL.DS.5035] Application [sap.com/ionline] cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource [ionline_library] with type [application], which is not active on the server.

snip

The following telnet output shows that the library application IS active:

>add deploy

>list_app | grep ionline

sap.com/ionline IMPLICIT_STOPPED always 3754050

sap.com/ionline_library STARTED lazy 3754050

>

Please, does anyone have a clue as to what is wrong?

Regards

Johan

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan

I had not seen the Heavy Resource Reference PDF that you are trying to follow and so I had wondered why you are calling your library an application. But now I see it and am sure that you've used a wrong provider name.

<reference-target provider-name="com.sap"
		target-type="application">ionline_library</reference-target>
	</reference>

You can confirm this by deploying after changing it to sap.com since your ionline_library is deployed under the vendor name sap.com, which is different to what Goran has deployed under (see pg 15/18 of his PDF: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60642a88-95fe-2b10-d387-a245d48fc257&override....

Please inform if it was successful. The "Heavy Resource Reference" concept indeed looks interesting and I would try it as well.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes! Varun, you are right. I changed it to sap.com and I no longer have that problem. I have new problems, but I'll start a new thread if I cannot overcome them.

Thanks for your help

Johan