cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ESS / MSS from R/3 in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Portal, UME is configured R/3 System.

I have to implement ESS & MSS Business Package in EP 7.0.

How i can get the backend user in portal.

Do i need to create user in the portal and then should i assign that user to the ESS / MSS role in portal

I came to know that backend ESS/MSS users are exposed as groups in portal

getting this group what are the steps to be done in the backend.

my client dont want to create user in the portal .

Please guide me how to achive this.

Thanks

Rishi.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravichandran,

Follow the following steps to use ESS/MSS in Portal for R3 User.

1. You need not to create Portal user seperate to use XSS

2. Who ever want to use XSS you need to assign all user in R3.

3. Add perner to existing user in R3 and assign infotype to user (communication type)

4. to use MSS R3 user should be a manager.(Assign Manager role)

5 You need to enable all Jco in Portal.

in Backend follow the steps how u can Config to use XSS

-

> Configuration Settings for ESS

-

> Create Infotype 0105 for all Employees

Use

To link a user in the portal to the employee in the backend, the employee master records must be extended. The portal user information is stored in the backend in the communication infotype 0105, subtypes 0001 (System User Name SAP System (SY-UNAME)) and 0010 (E-Mail).

Prerequisites

u2022 The users MANAGER and EMPLOYEE are mapped to the relevant portal users, ideally by SSO, so that they have the same name. Using the SAP Best Practices for HCM V2.600, this is explained for the sample master data in the N03 configuration guide.

u2022 You must have created personnel numbers in the SAP system for the relevant employees. This is completed in the N03 configuration guide.

u2022 The following roles are assigned to your ERP user which should be mapped to the employees: SAP_EMPLOYEE, SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP, and SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP05. The latter is a composite role for all country specific functions. You can select only the specific country role for your user and delete the other roles.

Procedure

1. Choose the following:

SAP Easy Access Menu Human Resources u2192 Personnel Management u2192 Administration u2192 HR Master Data u2192 Maintain

Transaction PA30

2. Enter your employeeu2019s personnel number. If using the SAP Best Practices for HCM V2.600, enter 91000071 (Mr. Alejandro Bishop).

3. In the direct selection section, enter infotype 0105 and choose the Create button.

4. In the subtypes for infotype u201CCommunicationu201D dialog box, select 0001 and then Enter.

5. In the field ID/Number, enter the ID used to log in to the portal. If using SAP Best Practices for HCM V2.600, enter EMPLOYEE.

6. Save your entry.

7. Return to the Maintain HR Master Data screen.

8. Keep the infotype 0105 in the infotype field and choose Create.

9. In the subtypes for infotype u201CCommunicationu201D dialog box, select 0010 and then Enter.

10. In the ID/Number field, enter the email address and save your entries. If using SAP Best Practices for HCM V2.600, you can leave this blank.

11. Repeat steps 2-10 for employee 91000067. ID/Number MANAGER.

Alternative

It is also possible to assign the portals user to the HCM backend employees through another transaction. This alternative is described here, but you do not need to execute this. It is meant for informational purposes:

Procedure

1. This activity must be carried out in the ERP system:

Menu Path in SAP ERP System Administration -> System Configuration -> Universal Worklist & Workflow -> Universal Worklist u2013 Administration

Transaction HRuser

2. On the Set Up and Maintain ESS Users (Start) screen choose Select employees using employee master.

3. On the next screen select Employees without users and then Execute.

4. In the Set Up and Maintain ESS Users (Overview) screen choose the Overview button for Employees without users.

5. On the Create Users for Persons screen select the personnel number 91000071 (Alejandro Bishop) and choose the Assign Existing Users button.

6. In the Choose User dialog box enter the Backend user EMPLOYEE.

7. In the Create Relationship dialog box choose Create. The user is now assigned to the personnel number.

8. Repeat the steps 4 - 7 with the personnel number 91000067 and the system user MANAGER.

9. Assign Manager to Open Position

Please let me know you problem solved or still you need info on XSS.

Please rewards points if helpful

Please close the thread if problem solved