Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Scenario Confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i am facing confusion in my scenario. my scenario/requirement is as follows

A Text file ahs to be picked from soure directory xxxx/xxx/IN by PI and it has to be processed by PI, afetr that the file is being sent to the R/3 side , where there are using the Proxy and also an enhancement. When the file reaches the proxy, the Enhancement fills up with some data in the file and it is being sent again to the Application server, from there again the PI has to pick up the file and sned/store in another FTP location xxxx/xxx/OUT.

1) How can i achieve this requirement?? how shld i approach this???

please suggest me

thanking you in advance

View Entire Topic
former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can either make use of the RequestResponseBean and implement Async-Sync bridge....or implement it as two separate Async scenarios.

Any specific thing that you are looking for....your query is quite generic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

It means that i haveto develop two Async scenarios

file--PIProxy, and proxy-PI----File.

one more thing , in my case the sender file structure and the receiver structure are same, so no mapping is provided.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It means that i haveto develop two Async scenarios
file----PI----Proxy, and proxy---PI----File.

It is one of the available options....easy to implement (at least in XI/ PI).

one more thing , in my case the sender file structure and the receiver structure are same, so no mapping is provided.

Yes, you dont need a mapping in that case.

Update:

As per my understanding you need to create objects in IR/ ESR ....only mapping wont be required....you have a PROXY scenario....for proxy to be developed you need to have a structure in XI/ PI....and for that you need to define Data Type (or External Definition) and create Message/ Service Interface.....so you will need IR part....hope its correct.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Aug 10, 2010 1:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

yes, i have created one DT,one MT, 2 Message interafces. No mapping is involved.

can you provide me blogs which suit my requirement.

file to proxy

proxy to file

thanx in advance

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
can you provide me blogs which suit my requirement.
file to proxy
proxy to file

The blogs can be easily searched on SDN....you may not find blogs that show FILE --> PROXY and vice versa specifically....however you can find blogs whihc show how to configure a FILE channel in sender mode and a PROXY in receiver mode.

In the configuration if you have any specific requirement then do post....somebody from SDN can help you out.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

thanks a lot for your help. i have one more small doubt, for my requirement i ahve to develop two Interafces or only one single interafce is enough.

please help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> thanks a lot for your help. i have one more small doubt, for my requirement i ahve to develop two Interafces or only one single interafce is enough.

Here you have to develope 2 interfaces

1. File to Proxy

2. Proxy to File

Check this links

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy ABAP Client proxy(proxy to file)

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies ABAP Server proxy

Regards

Ramesh