cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error executing a query with large result set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

after executing a query which uses key figures with exception aggregation the BIA-server log (TrexIndexServerAlert_....trc) displays the following messages:

2009-09-29 10:59:00.433 e QMediator    QueryMediator.cpp(00324) : 6952; Error executing physical plan: AttributeEngine: not enough memory.;in executor::Executor in cube: bwp_v_tl_c02

2009-09-29 10:59:00.434 e SERVER_TRACE TRexApiSearch.cpp(05162) : IndexID: bwp_v_tl_c02, QueryMediator failed executing query, reason: Error executing physical plan: AttributeEngine: not enough memory.;in executor::Executor in cube: bwp_v_tl_c02

--> Does anyone know what this message exactly means? - I fear that the BIA-Installation is running out of physical memory, but I appreciate any other opinion.

- Package Wise Read (SAP Note 1157582) does not solve the problem as the error message is not: "AggregateCalculator returning out of memory with hash table size..."

- To get an impression of the data amount I had a look at table RSDDSTAT_OLAP of a query with less amount of data:

Selected rows : 50.000.000 (Event 9011)

Transferred rows : 4.800.000 (Event 9010)

It is possible to calculate the number of cells retreived from one index by multiplying the number of records from table RSDDSTAT_OLAP by the number of key figures from the query. In my example it is only one key figure so 4.800.000 are passed to the analytical engine.

--> Is there a possibility to find this figure in some kind of statistic table? This would be helpful for complex queries.

I am looking forward to your replies,

Best regards

Bjoern

View Entire Topic
jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

you are right not enough memory means not enough memory

But have you analyzed if this information is true and not combined with another error? Please have a look at the standalone, python tool trexadmin -> services -> load and select the time for your error (I think maximum is 3 days).

Have also a look at the traces if you are really run out of memory you must have got an alert in your system ( you can check this with the python tool or in TA RSDDBIAMON2 ).

Which revision do you currently running?

Regards,

Jens