Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error building core_db with cross-container access

surreyhobbit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm having issue with exercise 2.7 - Cross Container From Outside Our Project.

First I tried to download and deploy the .mtar file, but that got an error about a missing yaml inside the .mtar archive.

Next I fetched the CentralDB repository from git and build it ok in WebIDE. But when I then try and build my actual core_db it fails with a message ´(DIBuild) service openSAP.CentralDB.opensap-central-container not found.´

I also tried to crteate that service with "xs create-service ..." but to no avail. I checked and re-checked my yaml and it all looks good.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

View Entire Topic
thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

All you should need to do is download the file locally. Open a command window. Navigate to the same folder where the file was downloaded. Issue the xs deploy <filename> --use-namespaces command. Don't use the --git* options. I suspect when you tried the xs deploy with the file you weren't in the same directory with the file.

surreyhobbit
Explorer
0 Kudos

I downloaded the file again using

curl -O https://github.com/SAP/com.sap.openSAP.hana5.templates/blob/hana2_sps02/ex2/openSAP.CentralDB_1.0.20...

(address as per exercises PDF).

Then used

xs deploy openSAP.CentralDB_1.0.2_017.mtar --use-namespaces

and made sure I am in the same directory.

I'm again getting this error:

ERR Failed to abort conflicting operations
ERR Cannot findarchiveentry"META-INF/mtad.yaml"

Is the file corrupt perhaps?

surreyhobbit
Explorer
0 Kudos

I downloaded the file using

git clone https://github.com/SAP/com.sap.openSAP.hana5.templates.git

Then switching to the hana2_sp02 branch I used the xs deploy command and then it was working. Perhaps something goes wrong with the file when using the wget or curl commands.

I think it would be good to provide those instructions in the course material next time, to hep those (like me), less familiar with CLI tools on how to get the file to deploy.

Thanks a lot for your help Thomas! 🙂