cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Portal - user ID locking after 70 days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Forgive me as I'm new to Enterprise Portal, but we currently are using an E Portal which allows use to connect to different applications, including SRM. One of the issues we are having is after 60 days, a user needs to change their password in our system.... However, after 70 days if they havent changed it yet, it completely locks the user out, and they have to call our help desk and go through process to unlock...

Is there a standard approach in which we can prevent the user ID from locking, or at least increase the amount of time it takes? The business wants to go a route with creating a customization to email users after 60 days, but I dont feel thats the best approach as it doesnt really fix the issue...

Thanks

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replies.....ill check out thos approaches.

However what about the true issue of a user id getting locked after a certain about of days of not changing their password?  Is there a way to keep the 60 days until a user needs to change their password and just not have their id lock after 70 days if they haven't logged on to change it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Using Visual Administrator(VA) or Config Tool you can set the UME properties very easily. If you have VA, you can set this yourself else please touch base with the BASIS person or whoever is the adminstrator for the same.

I think setting the value for UME property "ume.logon.security_policy.password_max_idle_time" whis is described in the above link which Mahesh has shared would resolve your issue.

Regards,

Jakes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to add one more thing here to Arun's reply, that this property can also be handled from Portal administration and its no where dependent on VA or Config tool. However I am not very sure if the change in that property would help achieve the goal.

Navigate to Content Admin > Portal Content > Content Provided By SAP > Admin Interfaces > Admin iView Templates > UM Configuration. Preview this iView and find the property under Direct Editing tab.

Regards,

Atul