cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between dropdownbykey and dropdownbyindex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I am not able to understand the basic difference between dropdown by key and index.. please tell me , also let me know how to decide what we should use..

Cheers!!!

Vivek

View Entire Topic
former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

A DropDownByIndex UI element provides the user with a dropdown list box. You cannot select more than one entry from the selection list. The UI element consists of a text field, a button, and a selection list. Any list entry already selected is displayed in the text field. When you select the pushbutton, a list with all possible values is displayed.

A DropDownByKey UI element provides the user with a selection list from which he or she can select no more than one entry. The UI element consists of a text field, a button, and a selection list. Any list entry already selected is displayed in the text field. When you select the pushbutton, a list with all possible values is displayed.

The dropdown list box UI elements do not differ from each other when displayed on the screen. However, the data binding model for the DropDownByKey UI element has a completely different concept

Message was edited by:

Anuj Goyal