cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer exit EXIT_SAPLRSAP_001 not called .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Have enhanced the customer exit EXIT_SAPLRSAP_001 to populate certain blank field entries (FCURF and TCURF )for TCURR  extract structure through CMOD , have activated both exit and it's relevant project in CMOD , but my changes are not reflecting when I am trying to view the extract via RSA3.

While trying to debug the program by putting breakpoint just before my piece of code ,it's taking me to somewhere else infact to some different breakpoint inside the main program without touching my code.

Not sure of such behaviour ,any pointer on this will be of great help.

Regards

Deblina

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As requested given below is the extract structure for the same ----

As a matter of fact  have implemented my exit logic through FM inside the include where its updating the c_t_data internal table of TCURR  with new value of FFACT and TFACT being fetched from TCURF.

(Already shared the screenshot for the same above) .

Also wanted to ensure if  customer exits  can be used to enhance  generic DS .

Or are they used for standard extractors only.

Regards

Deblina

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exits can be used for standard and custom data sources as well based on type(master or transactional). But your extract structure doesn't shows as enhanced. its directly used form TCURR table only.

Enhanced fields always appeneded thru  extract strcuture. That appended will be seen at extract structures.

so thats the reason, your are unable to edit for thsoe fields at RSA6.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , so does that mean that even though I am trying to populate pre existing data fields tfact and ffact , I still need to append them in the eextract structure , their won't be any issue of field duplicacies ...

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will be, you may see two fields of each one if you append thru?

By using custom program you can hide them as i think.

First of all i didn't understand your required?

Why you need FFACT And TFACT From TCURF only and Why not from TCURR if two tables have same values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

my extract str is based on TCURR table.

tfact and ffact field in TCURR for all record s are '0' , however they have proper values in TCURF Table. The intention is to transfer them to TCURR and that's what exactly the exit logic intends to does, so that next time when we run rsa3 I can see tfact and ffact are holding proper number due to this exit effect.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deblina,

A few clarifications for you:

1. The reason 'Field Known Only at Exit' is inactive for your datasource is becuase you have not enhanced the extract structure explicitly as Raman said. When you have created the datasource then you took the TCURR table and extract structure and hence all the TCURR available fields are present in the extract structure already so they are not considered as to know at Exit initially and hence the check box is inactive for you. However, if you include any other field using Append Structure then you can see the flag active only for those newly included fields.

2. Even if the flag is not checked the logic for a transaction datasource always go to Customer Exit so your logic should be working irrespective of 'Field know only at exit' flag.

Having said above, I don't think you need to add the two fields again in the extract structure via append. The logic should definately go to customer exit. Now there could be a few reasons why it is not happening:

a) CMOD Project inactive - activate again

b) Exit logic inactive - activate again

But I think you said earlier that they are already active. So when you test the datasource in RSA3 please confirm below:

Do you check the top right box 'Debug' when you start debugging? - if yes then the logic will first go to initial logic. so you can proceed with the debugger and reach to the point when your customer exit is called.

If No, then I suggest you check that and then debug the code.

If you need help in debugging this code please let me know. I do not see a reason why the datasource extraction is not going to exit code.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Really what an wonderful explanation you gave man!

Truly being a newbie in ABAP , this whats exactly I have been looking for , it didn't solved my purpose though but definitely it did clarified lot of my doubts , and will definitely buy-in that.

Once again thanks to Raman for his patience and time .

I shall mark both of your answers as the correct one and close this thread for the time being . If require I can reopen this , or start a new discussion .

Many thanks

Deblina