cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom planning function to append only changed records

Hi all,

I am using BPC 10.1 Optimised for S/4 Hana. I created a custom planning function type and I use ABAP Classes for all BPC calculations.I filter the data based on planning filter and see the data available on aggregation level by using table c_th_data.And I calculate stg and append the data to c_th_data.Everything works fine.

However, if I do not append a record which was originally available in c_th_data, then it is deleted automatically.I see the log after I run it from rsplan.(xx number of records deleted) This affects the code performance, I have to add the source data to c_th_data each time.It takes too much time to append the source data of c_th_data to adso after I run the calculation.If I appended less records, then it would take less time.

This is not the case in BPC classic version.If we do not append a record in ct_data in BPC classic, then it will not be cleared by system automatically although it was available in the scope of the code.Only appended data pattern was affected for ct_data ( bpc classic).

What I want to know is if this is standard behaviour of bw ip(bpc embedded) or is there any parameter like "process changed records" or stg like this?You can see the interface I use and my custom planning function type below:

Planning function type(properties tab) . There is nothing in parameters tab:

My class uses the interface :

IF_RSPLFA_SRVTYPE_IMP_EXEC

All I do is writing the code to EXECUTE method of that class and append records to c_th_data.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Gunes,

this is by design. C_TH_DATA is a 'changing' table, so I don't understand your statement

However, if I do not append a record which was originally available in c_th_data, then it is deleted automatically.

This means that in your code you already deleted data from C_TH_DATA, why? If you don't touch records at all nothing happens to the records in the planning framework; that a record is considered as deleted if it was contained in C_TH_DATA before the call and not after the call is a feature.

Concepts used in BPC Standard and Embedded are different, cf.

https://blogs.sap.com/2014/10/21/concepts-compared-bpc-standard-and-bpc-embedded/

for a comparison.

Regards,

Gregor