cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008, VS 2008 SAP BI & IIS 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

- Iam developing a web reporitng application in .net using vs 2008. the report is based on SAP BI data. it has to be published on IIS 7.

- Being new to SAP environment, i need guidance on the issue of connectivity between vs 2008 & SAP on runtime.

- At present the i have created a test report on ZBOARD table of SAP BI. It works fine in preview mode. However when run in debug mode of vs2008, a "Load Report Failed" error is displayed.

- i have tried setting report source using smart tags & also hard coded the report source but the error is still displayed.

The development environment is as follows

OS Windows 7 x86 IIS 7

Crystal Reports 2008 developer  v12.1.0.892

Visual Studio 2008 v9.1.210228.8

The complete code behind .aspx file is as follows

Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared

Partial Class _Default
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
Private Sub ConfigureCrystalReports()

Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("~/CrystalReport2.rpt")
myCrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportPath
End Sub

Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Init
ConfigureCrystalReports()
End Sub

- I have seen may posts & articles but nothing specific. Majority point towards access rights but iam working in development environment with all admin rights.

- Moreover i have seen VS 2005 walkthroughs for DB connectivity but all of them are database specific to SQL Server.

- What is need is specific information as on how to solve this issue.

Many thanks in advance

M. Bilal Khan

View Entire Topic
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are only two reasons a report will fail to load:

1) Incorrect path (suggest hard coding to test)

2) No read / write permissions on the %TEMP% folder that your process would be using. You will have to determine what %TEMP% is for your process. One way will be to use Process Monitor, then look at the logs to see where the report engine is trying to write the temp files - if it gets that far...

Other than that, I fear that the rest of your project will not work anyhow - not as it is being coded right now. You will also have to be a bit more specific on SAP BI? What exactly is this? Universes? HANA? BW?

But let's see if we can get a report loaded first. As per the SCN Rules of Engagement, subsequent queries should be in new Discussions.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces