cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 and Zebra Printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having some big problems with Crystal Reports 2008 and Zebra printers (specifcially the Z105 and TLP2844-Z). Originally we were successfully printing labels from Crystal Reports XI Release 2 and everything worked just fine but since upgrading to 2008 certain labels print very small. This appears to be tied to the viewer in some regards although printing from Crystal Reports Developer appears to work just fine.

If we choose a specifc printer to associate the report to in Crystal (i.e. the specific zebra printer) and choose the specific size of label (for instance 2x4) we get a small label if we increase the size (4x4) within Crystal or choose Portrait versus landscape the size of the label fluctuates through the viewer when it prints but still does not correctly print to the size of the label specified in the RPT file.

Does anybody have any good suggestions or a fix to rectify this issue ?

Thanks

Wayne

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if it will work for you on your Zebra printer but I had an issue with labels too. I installed sp1, then sp2, then hotfix2.9 and the label printed OK after that. I also saw where if you were already at SP3 you needed hot fix pack 3.1. You can download these from the website.

0 Kudos

Thank you Mariellen for posting the solution.

Also note that we have only tested the Zebra Printer with the Zebra Print Drivers. I worked with their developers and they said all drivers use the same under laying code so they should all work.

The other requirement is you must define your paper size in the driver config tool for each size you are going to use, have a separate Printer defined on your PC.

Thank you

Don