cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report with Visual Studio 2022 .NET Objects connection

0 Kudos

I have installed Crystal Report for Visual Studio 2022, I use an old project built with ASP.NET Web Forms, with many reports created with previous versions, they work correctly but I cannot update the connections to the objects previously created. I can't create new reports using connections to existing .NET objects.

Always appears this screen:

Even if I choose the class as the path, still not works.

With new project created in VS2022 with new rpt and new class, works correctly.

With Visual Studio 2019 all works fine.

Anyone can help me?

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Mattia,

R&D had a look into the issue, it appears to be a limitation in VS 2022:

There are some types and functions(which are defined in the LIBs for .NET Framework and used in our LIB(crdb_adoplus.dll), the error is reported as "System.MissingMethodException: Method not found " when opening the project with VS2022.

I have checked IDE in VS2022 and VS2019, I find that the LIB(mscorlib.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.8) will be loaded when opening a web site project with VS2019, it never gets loaded by VS2022.

The issue is about VS2022 or .net framework, DLLs in .net framework can't be loaded by VS2022, that is why it will report the error "System.MissingMethodException: Method not found ".

CR for VS can't create a web site project with VS2022 now. This appears to be a limitation when creating/using a web site project in VS2022.

Nothing we can do about this limitation, Microsoft will need to fix it.

As a work around use a full version of CR Designer to update and create new reports.

Note: the Embedded Report Designer is very old technology and only included for simple tests, if issues are found use the full version of CR Designer or run the application to verify it's working.

To get CR 2020 go here: https://www.sap.com/products/technology-platform/crystal-reports.html

Thanks again

Don

0 Kudos

Don Williams any ETA on that?