cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Viewer freezes while setting report source (crystal runtimes 64bit only)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

within my C# application I am using the crystal reports viewer.

There is one report that isn't showing anything when loading to the viewer. The viewer element is loading, but I can only see the known grey background of the viewer.

It seems that the viewer freezes while setting the report source:

ReportViewer.ReportSource = repObj;

This only happens in a 64bit environment, whereas showing the report in a 32bit environment works without a problem.

I am using the current runtimes (version 13.0.20).

Is there someone who could give me a hint, what problem this may be?

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the reports. There is something seriously wrong with all of your subreports. I'm running in 32 bit mode.

In my main test app I get the subreport info on load and it is generating these errors:

Please wait, attempting to get SQL Statement, requires being logged on first
SubreportName: sub_read_druckPlanErl
Error in : Unknown error 0x80040200
SubreportName: sub_bud_ppl-assigned
Error in : Unspecified error
SubreportName: sub_bud_erl-txt
SubreportName: sub_bud-erl-pic
SubreportName: sub_ppl_info
SubreportName: sub_ppl_kenn_mess
SubreportName: sub_ppl_erl-txt
SubreportName: sub_ppl-erl-pic
SubreportName: sub_ppl-finanzen
SubreportName: sub_mass-txt
SubreportName: sub_planst_erl-txt

I then try to open the report in CR Designer and it opens with data bu then I set location to the XML file and it starts to refresh and then CRD just closes.

I did notice the report was created in CR 10.2, what I wanted to do was remove all of the subreports and see if that works by adding them back in one at a time but I can't get that far.

It appears your report is corrupted, possibly due to the subreports, I suggest you use a current version of the Full version of CR Designer and try to fix the report. Open the report, go to each subreport and save it. Delete them all and then add them back in.

So it fails in 32 bit but does throw an exception trying to load the subreports in 64 bit mode.

Don