cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal ASP.net viewer not displaying blob field

0 Kudos

Hi

I have an oracle database with images stored in it as a blob field. I have a crystal report viewer application written in asp.net that works perfectly except it will not display the images from the database.

I have written a very simple report with crystal reports 13 with 2 fields on it, one the blob and one another field from the same table to make sure the something is returned from the database. If i refresh the report in crystal reports the image is displayed as expected. If i use the same report file in the asp.net viewer then it just displays white space in place of the image. The other string field is displayed fine.

What I have tried:

I have verified that the crystalimagehandler is working ok as i can put boarders around fields on the report and the image handler correctly displays these.

I have tried different settings for the image handler in the httphandler and handler sections of the web.config file. This didnt help other than verifying that when i had the wrong settings the crystalimagehandler failed to display the doarder around my string field and the images showed as broken links on the web page.

I have tried saving the image file into the database as a gif, tiff, jpg and bmp but the result is the same for all formats.

I have read numerous blog posts from across the internet but even though I have found similar issues I cant find a solution.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of the .NET SDK are you using? Which version of Visual Studio?

0 Kudos

I am using 13.0.30.3805 of the crystal .net SDK and Visual Studio 2019.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Sorry I meant to reply sooner.

R&D has put the TIFF support back into the product and will be in there in CR 2020 14.3.2. After this and SP 31 in CR for VS the registry key won't be required.

For now add this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\FormatOptions String "SupportTiff" = Yes

And for CR for VS this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports\FormatOptions

Have a great day

Don