cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosstab numbering issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning all,

I am using Crosstab in my report, the problem I am getting is that when there is no data against the column, crosstab does not show that number.

For example

Days - 1 2 3 5

Jobs - 1 2 3 6

Here in the above example the Day 4 did not have any data, i.e. 0 number of jobs went through, the crosstab is missing the 4th day.

How can I make crosstab to show all the number of days regardless of number of jobs?

Any ideas

Regards

Jehanzeb

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jehanzeb,

Please try the following:

Goto File-> Report Options-> Check the two options

1.Convert Database NULL values to Default

2.Convert Other NULL values to Default

Click OK and refresh the report.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Anindita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anindita, those options are already checked. That was the first thing I checked and it is checked.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J

Have you tried the following :

Go in Cross Tab Expert--Customize Style tab- and uncheck Suppress Empty Rows and Suppress Empty Columns

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sastry all the suppressing options are unchecked.

I am using Number of days formula given above on the column and using a database field (order_no) on my summarised section of the crosstab (using it as distinctCount).

Regards

Jehanzeb,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas how to do a manual crosstab?

I think that is the only way to get around this issue.

Regardless of number of jobs, the total number of days from 0 to 10+ should show up. I think that is what Crosstab cannot do.

and I don't know how to create a manual crosstab column wise.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jehanzeb

Edited by: Jehanzeb Navid on Dec 18, 2008 5:43 PM

I just ran the report without any data i.e. any record except Number of days. When I ran the report using the date range and Account number, it showed me number of days

Days = 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 9 - 10+

So this means that the number of days are getting filtered by the entry I put into the parameters and that reflect into the crosstab.

I tried using a manual Mock Crosstab but no luck it still doesn't show the missing number of days.Additionally it shows the data by Row and I want it by column.

Unless I fake the days by using a text object it won't display all days, however you can't really fake days in crosstab can you?

I think I am stuck with this because the when there is no date entry against a record how can it be shown?

Regards