cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating content development role

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everybody

I am very new EP so i dont know if this question is a lame one but here is my problem.

There are more than one content developers for us so all of them should have the role to develop content.But i do not want content admin role to all of them as they will be able to change other folders which they should not be changing.So if anyone can please tell me if I can create a role that will enable the users to create content(iviews,pages,etc)in their folders and cannot access the folders that they do not have permission to.Because when I gave content admin role to them everybody is able to see and change everybody's work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Thank you so much for the quick response.

I am not able to change the end user permissions because there is a role called eu_role which has owner permissions and is included for all objects.I am unable to delete this role from the permissions editor nor able to change it because it is grayed out like the default super_admin role.

Any help!!!

Thanks

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

ok, so then you have to edit the eu_role. Normally there is more then one, so take care you open the one from the permission editor (or you can check both).

What you have to look for, after opening the role in PCD, is that there is no UME Action set in the properties list. Set the UME Actions all to "No", save the role, and restart the server.

After this it should be possible to remove the eu_role from the permissions list.

Hope this helps,

Robert