cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Down Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently looking for a way to create an invoice of type Down Payment, but did not find success so far.

There are two options that I've investigated :

1. use standard ABSL coding such as what is described in the Repository Explorer documentation, along with this helpful thread:
  2. use the ManageCustomerInvoiceRequestIn inbound webservice

None of them allowed me to create an actual down payment. I was able to create a standard invoice though.

When using the webservice, I tried setting the PricingProcedure to PPGDP1 or PPNDP1, but got the error "could not copy tax details and price components". There was obvisouly a discrepancy somewhere, even when setting the price component type code to 7GDP or 7NDP. (gross down payment or net down payment). Using the standard PPSTD1 with a price component of type 7PR1 was working as expected.

When using standard ABSL coding, I tried setting the InvoiceProcessingType to "CDP" instead of the recommended "CI". This resulted in an error of type "invoice processing type missing".

Please note that in both cases I only use one item without a product reference (I added General Ledger and Taxation characteristics as instructed), and only one price component with the amount of the down payment.

Does anyone here have experience making this work? There is a painful lack of documentation on this particular type of invoice. I tried reproducing the values that I read in an existing, hand-created down payment (processing type, price and tax settings, etc.) but it got me nowhere.

Thanks !

View Entire Topic
former_member216303
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to try the inbound web service,

Do not use "ManageCustomerInvoiceRequestIn".

You should use "ManageDownPaymentCustomerInvoiceRequestIn".

Please try it.

Best regards,

Nyein.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We eventually managed to make this work using the web service you mentioned. Thanks for sharing this valuable piece of information, although the absolute lack of documentation on this web service as well as the apparent impossibility to create such an object by script is, to say the least, surprising.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florence,

In your web service request to ByD do you reference a sales order or similar?

Cheers,

Will

d_weinberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florence,

Could you post a sample request. From what I can see the webservice documentation is outdated. It is not matching the WSDL anymore. If I try to create new Down Payments those are inconsistent at the moment.

Best Regards,

Daniel