cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create database client on BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to install BO Edge series 3.0 on existing Oracle database server. I read "Business Objects Edge Series Installation Guide for Linux", I do not understand the step create "database client". where is script setupint.sh? Can you show me mode of installation clearly? how to create database client?

Thanks

Duypm

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not find "BOBJ ENTERPRISE XI 3.0". I can find some production below in my SAP Support:

"SAP BusinessObjects packages and products

• Ad-hoc Querying package

+ BOBJ INTGR. FOR SAP XI 3.0

• Enterprise Query, Reporting, and Analysis package

+ BOBJ XCELSIUS ENTERPRISE 2008

+ CRYSTAL REPORTS 2008 V0

• Visualization and Reporting package

+ BOBJ XCELSIUS ENTERPRISE 2008

+ CRYSTAL REPORTS 2008 V0

• BOBJ EDGE BI

• BOBJ EDGE INTEG. FOR SAP SOL.

• BOBJ INTGR.FOR SAP

• BOBJ Knowledge Accelerator

+ SAP PRODUCTIVITY PAK BY RWD

• BOBJ XCELSIUS ENTERPRISE

• CRYSTAL REPORTS

• Address Directories

"

Can you instruct me, how to download client Tool??

Please, help me!!!!

Thanks

Duypm

0 Kudos

Hi,

please download the windows version of BO Edge XI 3.0 (1 x EXE file + 2 x RAR files) and start the exe file. Select the directory where you want to extract the installation files into. After the extraction is finished, the installation will start automatically. Just abort the installation in the intro screen and go into the directory you extracted your installation files into. From there navigate to 51034355->Collaterals->Client Installer and start the setup.exe found there. This way you can install the client tools on a windows machine.

You can also download and install CRYSTAL REPORTS 2008 V0 and BOBJ XCELSIUS ENTERPRISE 2008 found under the Enterprise Query, Reporting, and Analysis package.

Please keep in mind that if you want to integrate with SAP R/3 or SAP BW systems you need to download and install _ (should be installed AFTER all other packages) _ the BOBJ INTGR. FOR SAP XI 3.0 on both your linux server and your windows client.

Regards,

Stratos

PS: