cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not find file in Temp directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all!

I received the follwoing error when exporting a report into a pdf file using the ExportToStream method:

Could not find file "C:\DOCUME1\CHL0337\ASPNET\LOCALS1\Temp\export_e269c3d0-e775-4351-b2ea-09507859a79a.tmp".

I am using VS 2003 and CR 9.1.5, and I didn't have any problems with this report until I enlarged the header field for a column. After this error occurred, I reverted back to the original report, but it still threw the error. I then restarted IIS, rebuilt the application, and then ran the report again. Still no luck.

Any ideas on what is causing this problem? Is this a version issue?

(I have four other reports that are still working fine, it just seems to be this one report)

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

As you have mentioned that you have made some changes in report first of all update database connection.

To update database connection:

Set Datasource location->Select database

and update it.

Secondly,Check that the report exist in the same path location or not and delete all temp files from temp folder and try to run your application.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that didn't work.

I forgot to mention that to delete the files in the TEMP folder, I have to restart IIS. (Because some of the *.tmp files were being used by the IIS service) Don't know if that makes any difference...