cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused with controllers and components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am totally confused with Component Controllers,Custom Controllers, Component Interface Controllers,Used Web Dynpro components...etc...Could any one suggest me some docs to clear this confusion.

Thankx,

Karthick

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Whats Interface View?And I could not find out View Controller in a DC.Where is it?

Thankx in advance.

Karthick Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi What is component interfaces?

Thankx,

Karti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

Interface View is the external representation of a View.This means if you wanna to include ur view inside other WD component it is the basically Interface View.

Each View in the window of some component has its Interface View.

If a window in Web Dynpro consists of just one view then Interface View and View are the same.

When u click on a View, you see many tabs like Properties, Layout, Context, Implementation,Plugs, Action and methods.

Layout represent the View Looks Whereas remaning are part of the View Controller.THat is all these parts controls the look of a view at runtime.

Rgds,

Vilish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vilish,

Thank you for your explanation.Now I am clear with the whole idea of Webdynpro Architecture.

Thanks for your great Help.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each Web Dynpro application contains exactly one Web Dynpro component (root component). A Web Dynpro component contains one or more windows, which are the visual representation of the Web Dynpro component. Windows consist of one or more nested views that contain the UI elements.

You establish a connection between a window of the Web Dynpro component and the application to bind the component to a Web Dynpro application. The interface view is used as the interface and there is exactly one interface view for each window.

Regards,

Vijith