cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics value changes not captured to the data target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This requirement in a SAP BPS planning tool.

The changes made to the value of characteristics; (example: STATUS - changed value from D to F) are saved and even when we refreshed the planning tool, we could see that the changes remain as F. BUT When we close the frontend tool (portal) and reopen it, we could see that the changes do not reflect and the characteristic value is "D" again In other words only, it was saved to the cache/buffer and not to the realtime infocube / database tables, whereas the key figure changes were captured.

Also to denote, the characteristic "STATUS" is key field

Can you please help us to know how characteristic value changes can be captured to the data target.

Also to point out here for the scenario above to change the characteristic value, we tried using the reposting planning function but it had changed all the entries/records as specified in the parameter. Any Inputs in this area as well, TO SELECT and repost selected entry/ records/cell. 

Regards

Jerry

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Jerry

View Entire Topic
Karim_Hamriche
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

First of all I would like to know how do you save your data ? Are you using the "SAVE_DATA" function of your web template (for exemple through a button) ? Because if you don't, it will only change the value in the buffer but nothing will be modified in your infoprovider.

For your repost function ? Have you created a filter in your aggregation level, and when you call your planning function do you use a DataProvider type Filter based on this filter ?
Also, you need define your binding, for example, you can allow the "row selection"for your analysis_item and bind the data through this selection, so that the repost function will be correctly filtered and only needed value will be modified.

I hope it will help, let me know if there are problems,
Regards,
Karim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karim,

Can I please share your mail id so that I can share the respective screenshots of the configuration I had set in the backend.

jerry_raj2003 at yahoo dot com

Regards

Jerry