cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we view data in Multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

In one of my interview he asked me can v view data in multiprovider.(Not in reporting level).

I said no,he said yes?

If anyone knows abt this pl let me know.

Regards

balaji

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Yes. Your are right that teh multi-provider does not store any data. It is like a view that displays the data from various data targets using union. LISTCUBE displays the data using those unions and displays the data. It is not fetching data from any underlying table of the Multi-provider. Probably if you debug then you would find the various SQL statements fetching data from the other data targets using the join conditions.

LISTCUBE is just meant for displaying the data from an Info-provider in the backend.

If you are familiar with R/3 then you would have noticed that you can see the data in table or view in SE11/SE16 even though a table has data where as a View does not. It is something similar to that.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Dinesh

Thanks a lot for your detailed information.Yes as you said I checked in SE11/SE16,for table name data is been displaying but when v select view and display this the contents icon itself is not displaying.

Can you tell me how to debugg and check this options,I never did this debugg.

Thanks & Regards

Balaji