cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't understand variable logic for Measure vs. Dimension

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report from two universes that I merged dimensions on, and my first effort worked great. However, I started to create some additional logic but nothing was working so I went back to the basics and now I'm very confused.

I have a report from the Audit Database, showing the measure "number of refreshes". In order to get a baseline of understanding for my additional logic, I tried something simple - create a dimension based off the measure. But I'm getting different results, and can't figure out why. What's going on ? I expected my variable to display the same value as the measure.

View Entire Topic
amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check what is behind the Number of actions in universe.I think this measure object is calculating the  sum of count of actions.Based on the number of dimension objects you have pulled in the webi query  on that you will get the count.

if you are creating dimension on this then use Sum function in variable and see if you will get the correct result or not.

=Sum([Number of Actions])

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

very good, thank you.

I did like you said and it's working now. I figured I was doing something similar to "=A6" like in Excel, but it's all the cube stuff I suppose.