cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Crystal Reports print RTF accurately?

trav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've been using Crystal Reports SDK for many (many!) years. In the past, we tried to print RTF and it wasn't working correctly (note that I am talking about including RTF formatting in the report, NOT exporting). I can't recall the exact issue now. Has that been resolved? Can CR render RTF correctly now?

Are there limitations or compatibility issues?

Is there a better format to use, e.g., ODT (open document), or something else?

Any links to documentation or examples on how to do this would be appreciated (or just explain here).

We are using the latest Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022 (64-bit) and Crystal Reports for .NET Framework. Our goal is to have the user able to enter rich text in a Windows app RichTextBox and then have that printed to the report. The report is very large, with about 60 subreports.

Thanks!

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I updated the tags on your question to just the two that are applicable:

SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio is the correct tag for questions about using the .NET SDK.

SAP Crystal Reports is the correct tag for questions about report design or for questions about using the Crystal Reports desktop software.

-Dell

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports RTF text interpretation was introduced to format text with basic RTF tags. It does not support the full set of RTF tags, as it is meant to only support the formatting that can be done in Crystal Reports for a text object like: fonts, font size, font colors, bold, italic.

Regards,
J Wick