cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Upgrade planning

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is it wise to perform a BW  & ECC (connected source system) system upgrade in the same window?

Is there any particular steps in BW upgrade will it checks the source system? (i.e. XPRAS)

If we do plan the upgrade in the same window, what do we need to take care?

Thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
john_hawk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eida,

One advantage to doing both at the same time would be to insure all delta queue were clear.

One could close the ECC system to users and interfaces, make a "last' extract of  your delta queues, verify that they are clear in ECC. That way, any modification to the extract structure by  upgrade  would not be aborted, and you wouldn't need to worry about deleted data.

I'm sure that there would be an RFC connection error somewhere when one system was down , but the other wasn't, but I think you could safely ignore it.

Good luck,

John Hawk

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. I noticed that there is a connection when it execute the XPRA phase. I noticed in the XPRASUPG.ELG log there are these line:

A2EERS_EXCEPTION 120 Operation &3"0DF_EMPLYEE_ADT_ATTR TP1020get_access_met" could not be carried out for &1"DTPA" &2"DTP_774ZEBB0O8UGWWVAOYTFALHMY"

A2 ERSBK 034 Generate D versions from "DTP_7YZ48X1VTICWFN4FJ5QFP6328" (" " -> " ")

A2 ERSBK 034 Generate D versions from "DTP_7ZKI29Z2LPP586WCJPSBTZH3F" ("R/3700" -> "S2DCLNT100")

A2 ERSBK 034 Generate D versions from "DTP_7ZKI29Z2LPP586WCJPSBTZH3F" ("R/3700" -> "S1DCLNT100")

A2 ERSBK 034 Generate D versions from "DTP_7ZKI29Z2LPP586WCJPSBTZH3F" ("R/3700" -> "SID030")

A2 ERSBK 034 Generate D versions from "DTP_7ZKI29Z2LPP586WCJPSBTZH3F" ("R/3700" -> "ED1020")

Would this be the RFC connection error which you mentioned?

Is there a proper guideline or best practices from SAP about this that you know of?

Regards,
Eida Hanafiah

john_hawk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eida,

This error look familiar, but it has been a long time.

I'd still say that there could be value in upgrading in close coupled sequence, but simultaneous would be a much bigger risk.

Good luck,

John Hawk