cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business system/service Service without party: info needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a newbie in XI world. I have a scenario of interfacing a 3rd party system to R/3 via XI. This system will dump a file to XI which needs to be converted to IDOC for R/3 use and later an outbound interface should send some data in a file format to this 3rd party system.

As per various blogs, I have managed to define business system and basid IR config. Since this a 2 way asyncronous interface, I wanted to know

1> In XI, do I need to create a separate Buss System for 3rd Party sender interface( legacy->XI->R/3)

and a new Buss system for 3rd party Receiver interface.(R/3->Xi>Legacy). However in R/3 should I can create only one and assign the inbound/outbound IDOC partner profiles. ( But do the names of legacy systems in R/3 and XI have to be same)

2> What is the difference between Party and Service without Party( I saw these in ID). Do I need to define party for my interface scenario. If yes, How?

3> For testing, I wanted XI to pick files from my desktop and then post to R/3. As per various sdn threads, I realise, I need to give the IP of my PC and use Service without party. Since I am new in this area, I do not know how to define this serv-without party for my scenario. Any blogs or threads which define this would be very helpful.

Appreciate your help and time.

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Thanks and regards

Shirin

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use Business system when we know the SLD Details

We will use Business Service when we dont know the SLD details and we know Partially

We can create the Business system in SLD

We can create the Business service in ID itself

Regards

Seshagiri