Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Gateway - Proxy server issue in SAP Web-Dynrpo

csayak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,
We are getting an Error message while trying to fetch the Order details for a particular Order from the ECC system through a portal which is designed using SAP WebDynpro.
This particular Order is huge in size having more than 700 line items, 100 delivery lines, more than 50 invoices.
After around 128 seconds of processing the error is populated as "Bad Gateway".

Error message:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /sap/bc/webdynpro/SAP/ZWD_ORDER;sap-ext-sid=xy23OfZmLipTVNdaXC79He--Y5JQ2zV7Apl6Of99Kvc8Jk--.
Reason: Error reading from remote server

This issue is happening for all Order which are as huge as the above mentioned Order and the portal is unable to fetch the details from the ECC system.

Can someone help Urgently?

Regards,

View Entire Topic
former_member661012
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sayak

By NAM, you mean "Novel Access Manager". If yes, then it's a third party SSO application, need to explore on that end, why it's not fetching the huge orders from the back end system.

On NAM(where reverse proxy is configured) can you try increasing the timeout parameter.

In Novel access manager, the default data read out time is 120 seconds(2 minutes).

Please have a look on the below URL:

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/netiqaccessmanager4/accessgatewayhelp/data/b3q98a7.html

Note : Assumption is that NAM mentioned by you is : Novel Access Manager

Regards

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nice comment Basu - I would not have known what "NAM" was in this context as I've never used it 🙂

csayak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Basu,

I had the timeout increased at the reverse proxy in NAM. Also had the timeout parameters increased in the sap webdispatchers.
The timeout parameters at both the places are now set at the maximum possible value.
This has certainly solved the issue with one of the huge Orders.

But we have another Order which is double the size of the above one in terms of line items, deliveries and Invoices.
For this Orders, the screen keeps on processing the data for around 6 minutes after which a blank screen is left behind without any result and also without any error messages.