cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alerts for in delivering/to- be delivered status messages in PO 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

is it possible to send alerts in single stack PO 7.4 SP6 system for in delivering/to-be delivered status messages?

thx

mike

View Entire Topic
former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. I don't think we have any standard alerting features to handle that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx Hareesh. It's unfortunate. There are many messages in delivering/ to-be delivered/wait status for ever and we are not able to generate alerts. Have to go and check periodically which brings delay and surprises. I wish SAP has brought some features to notify for these non final status messages

thx

mike

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>. I wish SAP has brought some features to notify for these non final status messages

I can understand that alerting might help us in notfying the issue but it's not going to fix the root cause.

If you find your messages in delevering/ TBDL state for longer duraion then you might want to evaluate othe options suh as tuning the queues/ additional server nodes/having a web dispacther to distibute/increasing concurrency if receiver application/adapter supports etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx guys..I know this option already for tuning but just wanted to see if there is a way out to generate alerts. I guess I might have to use API (message monitoring) to call method get message List to find the status and throw alerts if there are any holding/waitig messages. But I don't have a sample program to call these APIs. If so, my lifewill be very easy to re-use it. otherwise, its gonna be difficult. any one has done ?