cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert rule not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello erveryone,

I tried to implement a simple alert that sends an e-mail to me as soon as there are some issues with a specific business system. I set up an alert rule in integration builder, assigned the business system and set the alert consumer to ALERT-TO-MAIL. In NetWaever Administrator I created a job running every 6 minutes (AlertConsumerJob).

Instead of sending an e-mail after an error occured, it just returns -1 with the following exception:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions720.NameNotFoundException: Path to object does not exist. First missing component is [jms], the whole lookup name is [jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/ALERT-TO-MAIL].

After searching in SCN a bit, I found this to be the normal behaviour if no alerts have been created. How can I find out if my alert rule is working properly?

We are using PI 7.31 double stack.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Moritz

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

Was your problem solved? Could you please let me know how?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

yes, my problem was solved. I tried getting an alert by messing around with the receiver determination but it seems that in these cases no alert is being thrown. With more "severe" errors I received e-mails.

Greetings,

Moritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Moritz. I will try tweaking my objects too.