Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating DSO Failed..

bl_vijaykumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have chain I am getting data in to DSO and while activating it is failing.

I checked activation logs.. there it is unable to generate SID for a Field and content is "some description#".  I have read in some document special characters wont be avail as first character .

so I checked in RSKC all special chars are available and I added "ALL_CAPITAL" for that and manage still I m getting same error. while adding ALL_CAPITAL do I need to provide any space or some thing ...

I am not getting where I have done mistake...

Thanks and regards

vijay

View Entire Topic
RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you received only one error record then you can do it by manual.

follow the below steps.

1. Delete loaded request from DSO

2. Edit your error record at PSA and save it.

3. Reload the same request to DSO.

4. Activate dso data and load further if any .

if think that as you may receive daily error for this load then impelement routine as suggested above.

or inform users to maintain correct descrptions while saving data.

Thanks

bl_vijaykumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done what raman said, but my customer is maintaining that description as a Master data.

so when ever they update with this record i need to follow the same procedure...

During the procedure i deleted " (this char) and loaded in to dso and activated it worked fine... now my problem is how to allow a special char as a first char..............

please find below link for reference, i feel there is a way to allow special char as a first character.....

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0cdc928-5e2d-2e10-e1bb-ec77bcb5c...

thanks

vijay

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to the document to allow special char in first place you can try with ALL_CAPITAL*.

Maintain this in RSKC .

If this also does not help then you shall go ahead with field level routine for that particular infoobjects as described in that document.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Inform your user/business to do not use that character as that is not acceptable in BW.

Else you need to write routine in worst case scenario to avoid this.

Best Regards,

Arpit