Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSC+LOSC in Putaway

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need help to configure below scenario in EWM. Warehouse receives the inbound HUs which can contains single material or multiple materials. For the normal HU, putaway should happen after unloading and for mixed HUs, putaway should happen after sorting. For this, I have configured de-consolidation and POSC. But somehow, it is not working. All kinds of HUs are coming to de-consolidation workcenter after unload. This is my issue one.

The other challenge here is the mixed HU will be de-consolidated based on material and moved to interim storage area before final putaway. Again here, they re-pack based on capacity of resource and then do putaway. This I have achieved partly by calling LOSC before putaway task in POSC. So, now I will get tasks to move HUs from de-consolidation area to interim storage area and then to final bin. But I am not able to do re-pack at interim storage area.

I have tried to put packing task before putaway task in POSC, and configured interim storage area as work center - LOSC is not triggered.

Any thoughts to solve these issues?

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

I need help to configure below scenario in EWM. Warehouse receives the inbound HUs which can contains single material or multiple materials. For the normal HU, putaway should happen after unloading and for mixed HUs, putaway should happen after sorting. For this, I have configured de-consolidation and POSC. But somehow, it is not working. All kinds of HUs are coming to de-consolidation workcenter after unload. This is my issue one.

Change POSC flags

IB01 flag both flags

IB02 falg auto WT

The other challenge here is the mixed HU will be de-consolidated based on material and moved to interim storage area before final putaway. Again here, they re-pack based on capacity of resource and then do putaway. This I have achieved partly by calling LOSC before putaway task in POSC. So, now I will get tasks to move HUs from de-consolidation area to interim storage area and then to final bin. But I am not able to do re-pack at interim storage area.

Check storage type role to accommodate your process of repacking in such place

Or you can achieve Via VAS after decon  on basis of material, so only mat which has vas packspec will go to pack station and if not it will not go to bin.

Regards

Suraj

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks for reply. I have tried this.

Issue 1:

In all cases still it is directing HUs to de-consolidation area.

Issue 2:

Need to check on the VAS.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope your decon issue has to go.

check Ib02 step have set up with rule based.

In this case flow will be if ( A+B)= pallet === decon = Ib01+Ib02+Ib03

and A = pallet and B = Pallet then no decon. = Ib01 + IB03.

and check with out LOSC first and then do POSC with LOSC.

which will give clear pic where is a issue.

Regards

Suraj

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks, I have tried this. When I remove destination storage bin details from IB02 step and checked rule based flag, I am getting  error while unloading the pallet. It is saying consolidation group is not assigned to target bin. However I have assigned storage type in the Activity Area and pulled consolidation group.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think, you need LOSC for your scenario. you can just do it through POSC.

If you are doing just practice. I would encourage you. If you are Implementing for a customer, Please build solution with POSC. that is sufficient.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasidhar

When I remove destination storage bin details from IB02 step and checked rule based flag, I am getting  error while unloading the pallet. It is saying consolidation group is not assigned to target bin

>> In this case your bin in this storage type( error storage type)   are not sorted. Also check in easy access you have maintain decon wt + Bin assignment.

If you want to check make new setting.

POSC

Two storage type.  A and B

Create Bin and sort with decon no.

then do decon POSC

these flow will work ( A+B)= pallet === decon = Ib01+Ib02+Ib03

and A = pallet and B = Pallet then no decon. = Ib01 + IB03.

As you error I have suffered many time.

Regards

Suraj 

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks a lot for your help.

Issue 1:

As you said I made deconsolidation step IB02 rule based. For the activity areas, I have assigned consolidation group and sorted bins in those activity areas. Now, if I have normal HU it is directly going to final bin as expected but for mixed HUs it is giving error like "Could not determine deconsolidation station".

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

<<<<<< Update >>>>>

As Juergen advised, I have configured the determination of Deconsolidation work centre. Then it is working fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Sasidhar Gupta

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

This is the business scenario for mixed HUs.

Door --> Staging Area GR --> Deconsolidation WorkCentre --> MHU2 --> interim storage area --> Final bin;

If I don't have LOSC, I can't move HU to interim storage area where re-packing to be done. To be precise, before putaway and from interim storage area resource may carry partial HU qtys to final bin. Besides this task can also be shared with other resources. Any thoughts how to track product till it reaches the final bin?

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest you to do with POSC as below.

Door --> Staging Area1 for GR --> Deconsolidation WorkCent --> MHU2 (Pack for Repacking) --> interim storage area (Staging Area 2) --> Final bin;

I would suggest you to Implement LOSC, If you have Conveyer System or AS/RS or Movement of Material Halfway through Manual and Half way through Machine, then I would suggest you to Implement LOSC.

In this case, I would suggest you to build your storage process as below in POSC. And, in External Step, you create two stage Areas, one for GR and One for Interim Staging.

Door --> Staging Area1 for GR --> Deconsolidation WorkCent --> MHU2 (Pack for Repacking) --> interim storage area (Staging Area 2) --> Final bin.

I hope, this should best fit for your requirement.

Regards,

Sathish

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Could you please explain the steps in POSC? As of now my configs are like below.

Unload - Rule based

Deconsolidate - Rule based

Repack - ???

Putaway -- using my WPT

1. Unload IB01 (create next task automatically & create Prod WT)

2. Deconsolidate IB02 (create next task automatically)

3. Repack OB02 (create next task automatically)

4. Putaway IB03

I have tried by defining interim storage area as storage type D or I. In both cases, there are no tasks created for repacking and could not repack manually since there are open warehouse tasks for putaway.

Should I call another POSC at repacking step? (don't know if that works or not)

Should I mark the WPT as replenishment task?

Also another issue here is, if I don't use LOSC how can I guide MHU2 to interim storage area on rule based? Or if I enter dest.bin for repack external step, all deconsolidate HUs will be moved to interim storage area which should not happen.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta