cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing operations and dummy activity in process order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we currently maintain several alternate modes in PP/DS PPMs in APO.

When we create a planned order in APO, CIF to R/3, then do conversion to process order in R/3 everything is fine.

When we create a planned order in APO, CIF to R/3, then do conversion to process order in APO, all of the operations are missing and there is a dummy activity present.

We also noted this only occurs when the mode selected in APO by default uses a different resource than the one assigned to the PPM's recipe back in R/3. That is, if the recipe in R/3 uses resource LINE_01 and APO selects resource LINE_02 by default, the issue occurs.If the recipe uses LINE_02 and the APO selects LINE_02 by default, then everything is fine.

Has anyone seen this behavior before ?

Thanks,

Roger

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Conversion of planned order in R/3 is manual conversion and can override every thing even though it is wrong..but APO does not let you do that.

I didn't understand "if the recipe in R/3 uses resource LINE_01 and APO selects resource LINE_02 by default".

isn't the order created by PPDS in APO? Then they should have the same resource.

I suggest you align the PPM and the R/3 resources in the production version. Is the integration model for PPMs running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

For right now, the planned order is created in the product view.

In R/3, the recipe has an operation which uses LINE_01 resource (let's say, production version is L1)

In APO, there are several alternate modes :

LINE_01

LINE_02

LINE_03

By default, when the planned order is created in the product view, the mode with the shortest duration is chosen. In this case, if I create a planned order using the PPM for production version L1, and LINE_03 happens to have the shortest duration, then the order is created for LINE_03. Since LINE_03 is not the resource used in the recipe for production version L1, we run into the issue I mentioned previously.

Coincidently, I also noticed that the R/3 process order type is set to schedule automatically.

When I go into edit mode on the process order operation, make no changes, but then save the order the correct resource and operations reappear in APO.

Regards,

Roger