cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissaggregation to Days by Calculation in SAP IBP

Hi Experts

I'm facing issues while trying to bring a stored KF in weeks into days.

Let's say I have the source KF PRODUCTION whose base planning level is WKPRODLOC, and I have a target KF "ZPRODUCTIONDAYS" whose base planning level is DAYPRODLOC.

The desired output is that the same values that PRODUCTION has at weekly buckets (700 FOR WK1) , could be displayed on ZPRODUCTIONDAYS at a daily level (100 each day in W1)

Please advice configuration tips for calculation definition as i'm currently a bit confused on this topic.

Thanks!

View Entire Topic
Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Hi

If the stored level is WK and the target is Days, you need an additional KF to bring that down, as the golden rule is that ALL ATTRIBUTES (including the time attributes) that are on the left side = result of the formula must somehow be filled by the right side = input KF

You have a couple of possibilities to achieve, that, maybe you should read the chapter about split factors in the model configuration guide

1. If you want to divide all values always by 7, you have a formula
    ZPRODUCTIONDAYS@DAYPRODLOC = PRODUCTION@WKPRODLOC / 7
    But you MUST have add an additional input KF that is on any daily level and has minimum one further attribute in common (e.g. at level DayLocation)
  2. If you want to split based for example based on working days that your location has, you can have a KF Calendar@DayLoc which has in all working days the number 1, and in all non-working days the number 0
    Then you have a helper KF HCalendar@WKLoc = Calendar@WKLoc and the additional calculation Calendar@WKLoc = SUM(Calendar@DayLoc)
    You then can calculate
    ZPRODUCTIONDAYS@DAYPRODLOC =
    PRODUCTION@WKPRODLOC * Calendar@DayLoc / HCalendar@WKLoc
  3. You can have a kind of calendar that is not depending on the location and do similar calculation then in option 2, using attribute transformation, but as this seems to be one of the first times you configure cross-level calculations I suggest that would be a bit too advanced for now
  4. Depending on your detailed requirement, there are more possibilities

Yours

Irmi

0 Kudos

Hi Irmhild, thanks for your detailed response, a few questions raise from this:

If my attributes are not the same on the left and the right (Left has Days, Right has Weeks) , what needs to be done?

...I assume that a new planning level must be created with matching time profiles (Days as it is the lowest) and the PRODUCTION KF must be assigned to it, however, this may affect the Planning Operator (I might be wrong), what's your take on this?

0 Kudos

Additional query:

On your response point "1. ....ZPRODUCTIONDAYS@DAYPRODLOC = PRODUCTION@WKPRODLOC / 7.....But you MUST have add an additional input KF that is on any daily level and has minimum one further attribute in common (e.g. at level DayLocation)"

This additional KF what is it for?

And..the split distribution into daily buckets is not really my concern right now, but how to get values populated into the ZPRODUCTIONDAYS KF, that's where I'm facing the issue currently.

Thanks again