cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a WO for WT (WT created by posting GR for Inbound Delivery)

bjongen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello EWM gurus,

I am fairly new to EWM and have a (maybe simple) question.

I am following SAP Best practice Y35 (inbound) and:

1. Created a PO and Inbound Delivery in ERP

2. ERP Inbound Delivery is replicated into Inbound Delivery Notification and subsequently (with PPF) into Inbound Delivery

3. Posted GR for the Inbound Delivery in EWM;

4. subsequently the ERP PO (history) is updated and a Warehouse Task is created

Now I ask myself: should the WO for the Warehouse Task be automatically created?

All customizing (WOCR, etc.) is done but the WO is not automatically created.

Now I can simulate the WO creation (in Warehouse Management Monitor: More Methods-button) for the WT, and then a 200000x number for the WO is created;

Next when I try to 'assign the WT to WO' (also with the More Methods-button) created in the previous step, I get the error 'More WTs must be assigned to warehouse order 200000x'.

The same error comes up when I try to assign multiple WT's to the same WO..

So, my question is: what is the standard way of (automatically?) creating WO's for WT's that were created following a Post GR on an Inbound Delivery.

Thanks a lot in advance for any clues, meaningful ones will surely be rewarded with points,

Kind regards,

Bart

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jongen,

When system or you create WT's it applies WOCR rules to group WT's according to your WOCR but even if your rule is good enough still for WT system will create WO and the assignment will be automatically by system. you do not have to do it manually.

WT's are linked to WO even though you have not created any WOCR, in that case system apply DEF warehouse order creation rule, otherwise if you have defined rules then as per your filters your rule will be determined and WT's will be grouped in WO as per your rule. If you have defined rules but does not fit then UNDE rule will work.

REMAINDER/Undetermined rule groups WT's according to activity area, queue and consolidation group

STANDARD rule group items or WTs according to activity area, queue and delivery.

BR
Anoop