SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse only 1 billing doc (error) out of multiple billed docs

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario like this: I generated a billing & invoicing docs & also payments are made :

The billing & invoicing docs are from March 2022 till Nov22. But the one in Aug 2022 has billing errors for which customer payment was also made.

Now how can i handle this scenario? where-in i just need to reverse only August 2022 billing & invoice docs.

I prefer NOT to do adjustment reversals(EA21) for all afterward docs i.e for Sept, Oct & Nov 2022.

Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

katrin_frenzel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Ricky,

it is not possible just to reverse only one billing document in between.
Even when adjustment reversal is used, the subsequent documents need to be reversed, too.

In this case, I suggest using transaction EA16, in which it is possible to reverse the incorrect lines from the August 2022 billing document and rebuild them with the correct values.
This does not affect any of the billing documents that have already been created, and you can create billing lines that are required for the period to be billed.

Best regards,
Katrin
SAP Product Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

katrin_frenzel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Ricky,

it is not possible just to reverse only one billing document in between.
Even when adjustment reversal is used, the subsequent documents need to be reversed, too.

In this case, I suggest using transaction EA16, in which it is possible to reverse the incorrect lines from the August 2022 billing document and rebuild them with the correct values.
This does not affect any of the billing documents that have already been created, and you can create billing lines that are required for the period to be billed.

Best regards,
Katrin
SAP Product Support

0 Kudos

Thanks Katrin. Will wait for more answers before accepting yours.

0 Kudos

Hey Ricky ... I'm a little late to this question but I'd agree that using the manual billing document as Katrin suggested is the way to go. When looking at it from an invoice print perspective, most likely invoice grouping is set to wait for the next periodic billing document before invoicing.

If it is ...

Invoice print can let the periodic present as normal and deal with the manual billing document in a variety of ways. If the detail is not required, then simply rolling it to a single line and showing it as an adjustment (with the billing month and year in the description) is the way I'd recommend.

If the manual can invoice on it's own ...

the invoice print application form would not treat it as an adjustment but simply let it print in detail (like a normal billing document).