SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse dunning charges in payment processing

0 Kudos

Hello experts.

My customer is moving from statistical dunning charges to actual dunning charges. He would like to retain the functionality of dropping the dunning charges if the customer pays the account balance minus the dunning charges in the days following the reminder.

Currently this is achieved in the standard by using the "write-off statistical items" grace days in the open items clearing control.

Is there a way of automating a similar functionality where the actual dunning charges would be reversed when the customer pays the balance minus these charges in the grace days period?

Thanks a million in advance.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie Rwankuba

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jean-Marie:

that is not available with configuration. You might be able to handle it with custom logic in event 20.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ChristinaHo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check the customizing settings of clearing control and read the IMG node documentation:

FICAIMG
>Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable
>Basic Functions
>Open Item Management
>Clearing Control
>Define Specifications for Clearing Types

"...
Write-Off of Statistical Items without Follow-On Posting
If certain statistical receivables or payables are to be waived, you can write them off during payment processing or account maintenance. The control can be transaction-dependent and amount-dependent.
For example, down payment requests or charges can be written off if their items are not already preselected for the (partial) clearing.
..."

>Define Defaults for Incoming Payments
>Write-Off Statistical Items

0 Kudos

Hello Christina.

This is currently working fine for statistical dunning charges.

Now we are no longer using statistical dunning charges. The dunning charges are now posted directly to accounting.

The customer would like to have a functionality where these non statistical dunning charges are also waived if payment of the trade receivable is done within the grace days.

The documentation states that "For technical reasons, you can only deactivate statistical items that have not been marked for clearing or partial clearing in the current clearing process." My requirement is now to "deactivate" non statistical dunning charges.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie Rwankuba

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jean-Marie:

that is not available with configuration. You might be able to handle it with custom logic in event 20.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

I was initially thinking about an asynchronous programme but I will investigate a custom logic in event 20.

The check will be made on HERKF (payment or account maintenance) to decide to trigger the logic. I will then use BAPI_CTRACDOCUMENT_REVERSE to reverse any relevant dunning charge.

Thanks for the input.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

Hello again.

I tried a custom logic in event 0020 using BAPI_CTRACDOCUMENT_REVERSE.

The process is ending with a short dump: the error that is shown has nothing to do with the dump (error message >3 137).

ST22 diagnosis mentions:

The message previously issued was sent at a time that is not permitted. Changes to the database that belong together logically must not be interrupted through dialogs because otherwise inconsistent data may be created. In this case, you attempted to output message >3 137. The text of the message was No interest information exists for document 161600490423

Do you an idea on why the system is behaving this way?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie