SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OIS2 Device (Serial) Numbers

ricky_shaw
Contributor

Hi Experts,

Honestly, I cannot find a perfect answer for this one. I need to configure two different number ranges for the ISU devices/Serial Number of the while creating Device(s) through IQ01.

e.g:

For 3 phase device categ, Meter the Number Range should be like 999001 to 999999.

For 1 phase device categ, Meter the Number Range should be like 444001 to 444444.

Kindly let me know where the Configuration needs to be done in IMG.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

in IS-U there is no customizing configuration for your requirement. In general the serial number is an external number for each device, it is an external number assignment and not internal number assignment. Base for the internal number assignment is database MASE.

But you can use the standard enhancement IQSM0001 (Automatic serial number assignment) in transaction SMOD to control the number assignment. This enhancement is called in goods movement transaction, e.g. MIGO.

Regards, Lahdo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, when there is NO goods movement or stock transfer that

standard enhancement IQSM0001 will NOT work..

0 Kudos

I mean we don't have GM/Stock transfer involved scenarios & hence that standard enhancement IQSM0001 wont work.