SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main and sub: Billing for main installation

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where I have multiple sub installations and 1 main installation. Sub installation will be billed independently. Main meter (from main installation) is having total consumption (main + sub). Now I have to subtract the consumption of sub installations from main meter then execute the billing.

I think for this requirement we need to use register relationship function. But I have handled it in rate steps level with below executed steps:

• 1.Sub installation: device installation (D1, D2, D3) as full installation (ratetype: R1)
  • 2.Main Installation: A: Main device (D4) installation as full installation (ratetype: R2)
  • B: Install sub devices at main installation as Bill relevant installation (option selected as relevant to billing). Used new rate type (ratetype R3) for sub devices
  • 3.Billing of sub installations will be done as usual.
  • 4.Billing of Main installation: we are having separate operand for the consumption of main and sub devices as different rate type used for sub devices at main installation
  • In rate steps, consumption of sub device is subtracted from main device as ratetype is different from main and sub device at main installation.
  • Is this the right solution we can handle it at rate steps level?
  • Please suggest..

Regards,

Rudra

4 REPLIES 4

katrin_frenzel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

To bill serial switchings you can use register relationships or a rate solution as described in your question.
It is also possible to use installation groups. You will find a short documentation about it for i.e. by using F1-Help for field Primary Installation within the Time-dependent data of installation (transaction ES32). In thsi F1 hepl some words contain liks where you can get some more infromation.
Which solution fits best depends on the requirements of business and complexity of serial switching / Installation structure.

Best regards,
Katrin Frenzel

0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

Many thanks for your reply!

I just want to know as i have done through Rate solution (without register relationship) so is it correct?

Regards,

Rudra

0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Yes, it is possible.

Regards, Katrin

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

You can use Installation-grouping functionality for this.