SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU Billing - proration of an installation fact of type amount

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about proration of an installation fact of the type amount:

I have an installation with 2 rate categories:

01/01/2016 - 31/03/2016  RCAT1

01/04/2016 - 30/06/2016  RCAT2

I have an installation fact AMOUNT1:

01/01/2016 - 30/06/2016 AMOUNT1     600 EUR

Now I want in billing to make a proration of the amount using a weighting key that is defined in the installation

fact AMOUNT1 as 03 "Degree day Weighting".

In the help I find that a weighting key is possible for operands of type QUANT, TQUANTand AMOUNT.

For installation facts of type QUANT that are created as register operands, I have managed to make the proration.
For the type AMOUNT, it doesn't work.

In billing I use variant LUMSUM02 and I multiply with factor 1

In the example above, I get twice the amount 600 EUR in billing.

However I expect to have a proration of 600 for the first period, and a proration for the second period. The sum should

be 600 EUR.

Anyone an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Gert

1 REPLY 1

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gert,

Standard variant LUMSUM02 will only consider Prorations of the factor, you can see this in the variant documentation this might be the reason for not prorating, but need to check other settings/rate steps, Variant Control/access control/your Rate Determination time-slices...etc.

Can you check the following:

1) Check your Rate Steps and check what Variant Control you are using to see why you are getting 600 EUR twice - check the line item type and Log.RateStep Number for the generated billing line items, this will help you to see the exact Rate Step from which you are getting this amount twice.

2) Access Control for the Operand (AMOUNT) - this should be 'All operand values' rather than any other settings.

3) Check whether you have got this indicator 'suppress change dates for operand' is set for any of your variant.

But, if you want your amount to be prorated then you should try using the below logic

A) Use COMPUT03 to multiply two factors - here use 600 for one and other as 1 this will have Factor 600 in output operand prorated, then use LUMSUM02 to multiply amount 1 with output operand - in this way you will get amount prorated as desired - please check this option.

Thanks,

Srini