SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoicing - EA26 interval is failing/rolling back but no shortdump created

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We're having intermittent problems with EA26. most recent example was last night.

The variant is set up to create intervals of 1000 accounts against 10 jobs. Interval 19 against job 3 is showing that it did no work in the job log counter.

However there were 121 invoices created in ERDK table for the accounts in that interval range.

There was no shortdump created, and none of the accounts in the interval are in the spool file for the job. It looks like when the failure happens the counters are all set to zero and the log entries are rolled back.

This is the 4th occurrence in the last 10 days, but its different account ranges each time, and it's not happening every night, so it's not like its the same account erroring over and over again.

I'm working on manually invoicing the next account with billing docs in the interval range, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Thanks

Astrid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Astrid:

I would check what events you have customized which are called during invoicing. That would be the first place to look and investigate. There should be some kind of system log - ie a short dump which provides some more info. Have you looked at the job details in SM37?

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Astrid:

I would check what events you have customized which are called during invoicing. That would be the first place to look and investigate. There should be some kind of system log - ie a short dump which provides some more info. Have you looked at the job details in SM37?

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill

Thanks for the tips, I had already looked for shortdumps and there weren't any in the time range of this process.

I did inspect the logs for the job, and none of the accounts in the affected interval were in it, for either success or failure.

The problem seems to have resolved itself, all intervals have been completing sucessfully each night ever since.

It had happened 4 times in the space of 2 weeks, the last 2 after they did some virtualization changes, and since they got those stabilized, the problem hasn't re-occurred.

Just one of those things...

Cheers

Astrid