SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Flag for Deletion IS-U Business Partners that were Moved-in or had past transactions?

Former Member

Hi to All. I'm fairly new to this and I appreciate all the help I could get. We'd like to mark for deletion duplicate Business Partners that will no longer be used but had past transactions. I'm using TCode BUPA_PRE_DA for this but I'm getting message texts of "Move-in doc exists" or "Business Partner XXXXXXXXXX is used in contract account". I've tried doing a move-out for those BP's but still getting the same message texts. I was previously able to do this using but the difference was that the previous BP's had no transactions, contracts or contract accounts tied to them. I'd like to know if there's a step I'm missing or not possible. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor

Within event DELE1 many functions are called of which ISU_BUPA_EVENT_DELE1 is one. Within that logic, many checks are executed, first is whether a movein exists and the transaction will fail if so. Many other checks are done there, so basically transactions of any type will ensure that the transaction fails.

At event DELE1, many functions are called, of which ISU_BUPA_EVENT_DELE1 is one. Within there you can find that it performs many checks, one of which is the existence of a movein document. If one is found, then the transaction will fail for the BP. Basically, if there have been any transactions of any sort, then it will fail.