SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customise Dunning Activity

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new in SAP ISU...I have come accross following requirement.

I need to develop an enhancement in dunning activity.

The requirement is to generate the File and sent that file to external party through interface when we run transaction FPVB. the details of file can be Contract Account No. Name, Address, current balance, phone number, post code, meter number etc.

Can I use Event 350 or 351 for this??

Any response will surely help.

Kind Regards,

Pradeep

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont really need to write code in enhancement.

You can develop a seperate report which will read data from FKKMAKO, FKKMAZE tables. These are dunning history header and item level tables.

When dunning transaction is finished (FPVA and FPVB) , I hope it will run in background job. After this job you can schedule your program as a background job which will pick up data for that date or for a week the same way dunning transaction is running.

Or else if you want to do it on event then you can put it in any event which is getting called in FPVB transaction. You can check that by putting break point in that. Before that you need to create a Fm and activate it in a FQEVENT transaction. I hope you know that.

Please let me know if need any more info.

Thanks and good luck.

Pranaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

A new application Form, to be created, is used to create dunning notices. Single layout is used across all states. This application form could be based on the form class IS_U_CA_DUNNING.

Dunning outputs are created through the Dunning Proposal run as nightly batches, ideally after the Payment, Invoicing and billing runs.

The Application form then extracts the dunning data into a pipe delimited text file and downloads to designated Unix directories(Application Server).

The flat file thus generated is passed for printing and dispatch to overdue customers by external Print Services vendors.

Dunning Proposal runs are setup to be run as nightly batches.

Dunning runs trigger the various dunning activity keys as per the Dunning configuration setup.

Dunning Activity key drives the configured function modules, which in turn creates dunning documents as well as populate exactly one Print Container entry per dunning activity at the end of a successful run.(Tecnical Information DFKKCOH & DFKKCODCLUST tables will be updated when you run FPVA & FPVB tcodes)

The Print Container Entry becomes the basis for Transaction FPCOPARA for extraction of the relevant dunning documents to the Print Workbench Application.

The Print Workbench program will extract the data required for Dunning Notices printing from SAP. Most of this data will be supplied by the form class to which the application form is attached but data that is not available could be extracted via user-exits or by calculation. The files thus created are written to a predefined UNIX directory. These files are then transferred to a third party Printing Services vendor by an interface for printing and distribution to overdue customers.

The application program developed as per this functional design will be responsible for producing a Pipe (|) delimited Text file that enables a third party printing services vendor to produce dunning notices of all types generated within SAP. The input to the application form comes from the form class IS_U_CA_DUNNING. This form class at run time contains all data for the relevant to a dunning document irrespective of the dunning level. There are currently over thousands of possible variable fields contained in various structures in IS_U_CA_DUNNING.

Please let me know if you need any more information about this IS-U dunning functionality.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva / Pranaya,

Thanks a lot for inputs..

Hi Shiva,

Need your help in dunning.....I have one doubt about dunning...

What is the difference between

a) Dunning by Dunning Procedure

b) Dunning by Collection strategy

And when we are using Dunning by collection startegy, where we create rules like O/S days, $ Limit etc??

Kind Regards,

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Pradeep:

Two items here:

1 - it sounds like your original request is to use basic process of submission to external collection agency. That is already available as standard dunning activity with standard transactions.

2 - for the other query, please post as a separate thread.

regards,

bill.