SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Reco in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In FICA I am using direct debit run (FPY1) to take money directly from consumers' bank accounts.Now when the bank is returning the file it contains both successful and unsuccessful payments.Successful payments should be debited to Bank A/c crediting the Bank Clearing A/c and unsuccessful payments should be posted as Returns.Now my question is whether standdard programme or Tcode is available in FICA to process the Bank Return File to process both successful and unsuccessful payments?

Thanks

Banasri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Program-RFKKRL00

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

When I am creating Direct Debit Run in FICA , I am posting all the payments to Bank Clearing Account.Now when I am receiving back the payment file from Bank , the Bank intimates both successful and unsuccessful payments.From return programme , I will post the unsuccessful payments.My question is whether from the same programme I can post the entry for successful payments also , i.e.

Bank A/C---Dr

To Bank Clearing A/c

Or this transfer entry is posted from any other programme or from FI?

Thanks,

Banasri

0 Kudos

HI Banasri,

When you upload the bank statement with all the successful payments the entry you said above will be posted automatically.

You can use electronic bank statement for this and you need to configure all the fields for the bank statement.

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

What you are saying is Bank Reconciliation from FI.

I want to know whether from Return Programme in FICA , the successful entries will be posted.

Thanks,

Banasri

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The return progarm-RFKKRL00 is only used for updating dishonor in FI-CA.

Moreover, when a direct debit run happens for a customer in FI-CA, the following entries take place-

Bank A/c Dr

To Bank Clearing A/c

Bank Clearing A/c Dr

To Sundry Debtors

These entries get captured in the reconciliation key and are transferred to FI in the nightly GL batch run.If any dishonor happens it would reverse the above entry and will be transferred to FI as well.

I am not sure why successful payments needs to be updated, as if it any dishonor happens it will anyways be updated and flow from FI-CA to FI.

Hope it Clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I have checked Direct Debit Run posting and found that only one accounting entry , i.e.

Bank Clearing A/c - Dr

To Sundry Debtors

is passed.The Bank Clearing Account is picked up from FQZL , where Bank Subaccount is maintained and the general business practice is to maintain Bank Clearing Account here.

I want to know whether the next entry , i.e Bank A/c -- Dr

To Bank Clearing Account

also passed from FICA or FI and what is the process for that.

Thanks,

Banasri

0 Kudos

Hi Banasri.

How we have set it up for our Outgoing Payment Run (just reverse entries for Direct Debit) :

1. Payment Run in FI-CA

DR Control Account

CR Bank Clearing (total amount of payments)

2. Bank statement is loaded through FI and posts

DR Bank Clearing

CR Bank

In the event that we have a reject in our payment run, we also get the whole payment file back with those rejected identified. We created a custom program based off FPB5 (RFKKRL00) which takes only those rejected items and creates them in a FICA return log and reverses the payments. This creates the following entries

DR Bank Clearing

CR Control Account

The settlement amount on the bank statement is then the total of the payment run less and the value of the rejects and that can clear off against the two documents in your bank clearing account.

Thanks

Natalie