SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling an FM field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am trying to enable a field in the funds commitment transaction - this field is visible on the screen but is disabled.

I looked into the field status groups and field status variants but I can't seem to see the actual field list and the option to enable or disable them. Can anyone help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, what field are you trying to add?

regards

Mar

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, what field are you trying to add?

regards

Mar

0 Kudos

The 'overall amount' in the fmx1 transaction.

Thanks.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Overall amount field is calculated by the system, depending on your settings for value adjustments.

See the online help here:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Funds Management-Specific Postings

Earmarked Funds and Funds Transfers

Processing Earmarked Funds

Changing Earmarked Funds

and

Value Adjustments for Earmarked Funds

So I don't think you can customize it...

cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

But how come it is enabled in two of the other clients we have?

0 Kudos

Hi again Mar,

One more thing. When i go to FM->FM-specific postings->earmarked funds and fund transfer->field control for earmarked funds and fund transfer.

In this section, i do see field status groups, field status variant relevant for our client and these have been assigned to the right company code. So i presume whoever did config set these up - my question is i cannot seem to find the field list of the fields that have been enabled/disabled/hidden under these field status groups or variants. If this setting is not customizable,, then why would someone even have created field status groups and variants?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, I meant 'overall amount' field only.

Do you mean that this field is ready for input in your other clients?

0 Kudos

That is correct. When i click on fmx1 in other clients, the overall amount field is enabled.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The control is in configuration FM > FM Specific Postings > Earmarked Funds and Funds Transfer > Maintain Global Settings. The box ' Value adjustment docs required' controls whether 'Overall amount' is open or not.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Minghong,

Thank you so much! You were correct - that value adjustment check box was the difference.

Issue resolved.

Thanks to all of you.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Mar,

Sorry - i think i looked at your link without carefully reading the rest of your email. You are correct - you said the same thing as well. I have added points for you as well.

Thanks a lot.