SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the function of IMP_Manager and why do we use that in SAP Insurance domain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to explore the IMP_MANAGER (TCode) tool. Pl. explain with real project examples what is usage of this tool and why do we use that?

Why SAP has come up with this tool? what are the functions that can not be performed without this tool or what jobs this tool make easy to perform?

(Pl. guys don't send SAP help link or data from SAP help, i have gone through that but need to know more in depth.)

Thanks

Sunil

3 REPLIES 3

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using IMP_MANAGER in our solution for health insurance for many many "dark" processes that are processed in background jobs:

• When master data of a business partner have changed we have to recalculate open cases.
  • We select a defined set of cases for which we generate workflows in FS-CD.
  • After a change of organizational management we use the IMP_MANAGER to reassign cases to other users.
  • If there was a problem with the output management system we use it to generate output requests.

Let me come to the conclusion: IMP_MANAGER is the tool for automated batch processing of a set of insurance claims. You can use it to implement certain business processes and for technical processes like restart of print processes.

Best Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias for your reply..!!

Would that be possible, if you can translate in technical term,

let's take the same scenario you mentioned.

few question on below cases

• When master data of a business partner have changed we have to recalculate open cases.
  • We select a defined set of cases for which we generate workflows in FS-CD.

Are you talking of usage of EMMA here, i know we can create cases in EMMA, or Can we in IMP_Manager too? if yes, can you explain how?

• After a change of organizational management we use the IMP_MANAGER to reassign cases to other user.

How do you reassign cases IMP_MANAGER. - Can you pl. explain?

OR

Can IMP_MANAGER be used for below cases.

• Cases where standard SAP customizing entries change and thus needing re-adjudication.
  • Master data changes entailing re-adjudication.
  • Staging and other custom table changes due to which re-adjudication needs to happen.

Thanks

Sunil

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at transaction IMP_CUST. You can implement a new IMP process by defining a new action class that has to be a derivation of CL_MASS_PROCESSING_BASE_IMP and customizing of TAC IMP_CUST. Then you can redefine following methods of interface IF_MASS_PROCESSING_IMP:

• END_SELECT
  • SELECT
  • PROCESS
  • REFRESH
  • REPLACE_KEY

I recommend that you analyze subclasses of CL_MASS_PROCESSING_BASE_IMP as examples.

EMMA is part of FI-CA and not FS-CM. But of course you can create EMMA cases from IMP-processes.