cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Drop down option for project type in SAP PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

As I am new to SAP PPM, I required help on creating a project under the Project management in SAP PPM modue.

While creating the project, I am not getting any drop down option under the field 'Project Type' Though I defined the Project Type configuration in customization.

Can some body help me where I missed anything?

View Entire Topic
francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

In customizing activity "Define Project Types" there is also a flag called "Activate Project Type". Please check to ensure that you have set this flag for the project types which you have defined in the customizing.

You should also check that standard authorization role SAP_CPR_USER is assigned correctly to your user (as specified in the Configuration Guidelines for PPM). This authorization role contains an authorization for object CPRO_PTYPE, which is needed in order to be able to select project types.

In case the issue persists, please provide some more information about the behaviour you are encountering: are you creating a project directly in Project Management or are you doing so as part of the creation of a Portfolio Item? Is the dropdown for field "Project Type" empty or is it disabled (i.e. you cannot even open it)?

Best regards

Francesco