cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving comments as short-text on SAP BPC 10.1 Embedded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am trying to enable the comments functionality in my planning model for BPC 10.1 Embedded.

I have gone through some forums earlier and have carried out the following steps to save the comments as a short-text:

1. Created a DSO (Direct-Update) and set the Planning Mode to ON.

2. Added a characteristic in the Data Fields and set the Characteristics as Key Figure as ON within the DSO.

3. Created a MultiProvider on my Planning Cube  and the DSO.

4. Created an Aggregation level on the MultiProvider.

5. Created an Input-Enabled query and added "Amount" and "Comment" in the Key Figures.

6. Created an EPM Input Form. Version of EPM (10.0 SP 25 Patch 1 .NET4)

7. While saving the data, getting an error as below:

Kindly Help!

View Entire Topic
former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if your DSO is in Planning mode and not in Load mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DSO is in Planning Mode with Direct Update. Please see the below screenshot:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Might be already you have checked. Is the Query is input ready for those fields combination.

Check this link

DataStore

The data records located in the DataStore define the valid characteristic combinations and are used for characteristic derivation.

Only combination check: You can select all InfoObjects from the DataStore object (except for key figures).

With Derivation: You have to select the keys of the DataStore object as source characteristics.

Target characteristics can be InfoObjects from the data part of the DataStore object (except for key figures).

The keys for the DataStore objects can be restricted in any case; the restricted part is then used for the combination check or derivation. The restrictions can be parameterized with variables that must be replaceable without the dialog.

We recommend that you use only small DataStore objects (with few characteristics, few records).

I guess you have created the aggregation level on multi provider check the combination of key for planning.  Check this blog for planning DSO.

Check this if it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Geeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geeta,

Thanks for sharing the document. I changed the structure and added all the fields in the DSO to my Aggregation level. The error has changed now to:

Info [Server]: (#19) Data slice '0001(0001)' protects the characteristic combination; MsgClass: RSPLS_CR

If you can assist further.

Thanks,

Prateek