Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC move Standard to Embedded

msmith123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,
we are planning to move from BPC 10.0 NW to 10.1 Embedded with BW7.50 on HANA. We understand difference Account based vs Key figure model and transition of application ownership.
I go through resources and found many articles that moving from Standard to Embedded is in fact reimplementation but when I read upgrade guide there is information:
"The information in this guide about upgrading from BPC 10.0 or 7.5 to 10.1 applies regardless of which configuration - standard or embedded - you implement in release 10.1. "
https://help.sap.com/viewer/be4075d74732423aa57b43f0dab5d7da/10.1/en-US/cd9151816e3e4ea78a4b936e1e36...
Now I am confused: does it mean that program UJT_MIGRATE_100_TO_101 will migrate our environments to Embedded model, create infoobjects and cubes (or ADSOs?). If yes can I influence infoobject naming\identification to align with stantard BW iobjects?
What about other stuff like: script -> FOX, Report\Input Forms -> BW Queries, authorizations/Team - it has to be done manually?
Regards,

Mark
View Entire Topic
former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but again! THERE IS NO MIGRATION FROM STANDARD TO EMBEDDED!

And will never be.

"UJT_MIGRATE_100_TO_101 will migrate our environments to Embedded model" - NEVER!

former_member186338
Active Contributor

P.S. But what is the business requirement to move to Embedded?