cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X plant material Status in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In material master record, in basic data 1 view there is X plant material status tick. After clicking F4 on same it gives the options as "01-Block for procurement" and "BP-Block for purchasing". Can any one please explain the difference between these two.

In both the cases it is not allowing me create the PR & PO.

Regards,

View Entire Topic
BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is Blocking Key assigned to material master in basic data 1 view in  X plant material status, if yes, remove blocking key and create PR & PO. Or check  source list(ME01) is  material blocked for procurement, if yes, remove it and save .Now  go for creation of PR & PO of material.

The blocking keys(01-Block for procurement" and "BP-Block for purchasing), as you have, the

code and description may be different but  properties are same and both are cause for same purpose which is not allowing you to creates PR & PO as procurement and purchasing both looks very much similar word as designed by your consultant!

You can find out both keys ( 01 and BP) details in following path , where Purchasing segment set  B in field of. Purchasing msg

SPRO > Logistics -General > Material Master > Settings for Key Fields > Define Material Statuses

Now as needed/required by you remove the Blocking Key 01 or BP  and try to create PR & PO! So you are able to create PR & PO

NOTE:

But insetad of blocking  procurement by using blocking keys, you can use source list(ME01) for creation of PR & PO of material.

Regards,

Biju K