cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is R/3 system and what is system land scape in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Pls expain me what is system landscape and what is R/3 system, and how the clints are used in different servers.

thanx in adavace,

sandeep.ch.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

R/3 relates to a three tier architecture in an ERP system. Earlier SAP had R/2 structure.

System landscape refers to the organization of client structure, say development client / quality client / production client. It also deals with the respective links between systems. There could be more than mere 3 clients in a complex landscape system

reg

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

R/2 is for 3 tier & now we use 3 system landscape.

In 3 system landscape there are three servers.

1.Development

2.Quality

3.Production.

All the configuration spro settings are done in devlopment server. we can do this in the sand box client.

This is checked in the quality server. We cannot do any change in the spro settings in this server.If tested ok, we RE DO the whole configuration in the Dev. server in the Golden client & then create a transport request.

As per the request, the basis people transport this from dev to prod server.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your answer

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

R/3 means real-time (R) 3-tier architecture. These 3-tiers are application, presentation and database layers in the architecture.

The system landscape is nothing but the lay-out of systems used for processing. Normally three type of client systems are used 1. Development client (where the customization activities are done) 2. Quality Client (where testing is done) and the 3. Production client (where actual data-processing for the real-time is done).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thank you so much for your information pls tell me this also is there any Interview Questions with you if you have pls send me

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

its sufficient n other things wil come 8 the practical time......so do experiments wen get a practical chance.

Regards,

j...........